Conservative Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What say you?

4 posters

Go down

What say you? Empty What say you?

Post  Longhornblondie99 Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm hoping to find people here that really are keeping up. I posed a question during the election that asked "which of us will be informed on November 4th, 2009?" I hope that this forum shows me that I'm not the only one.
Our government isn't about winning, it's about governing. And what's best for the most of us while not stomping on the rights and privileges of the few.

Fell free to argue with me anytime.

Longhornblondie99
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

What say you? Empty Re: What say you?

Post  Joshua Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:21 pm

I would have to agree. What we saw in this past election is a whole host of people swallowing platitudes and catchy phrases. We as conservatives need to get back to our core beliefs and we need our leaders to do the same. I look forward to your posts and a spirit of debate on this site. Thanks for joining.
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

https://conservativenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet Moon Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Hey you two. Very Happy I hope this site grows like crazy. I LOVE politics. Been in love with it ever since Ronald Reagan and have been a registered conservative for 22 years. So you can always count on me to be interested. I may not know everything but I am always eager to learn from others and believe me it never gets old. I'm actually quite excited & energized to see where this new president takes us~ could be okay, could be horrible, but either way we really don't get much choice in the matter~ we're going for a ride! Laughing

Meanwhile, we have LOADS to talk about! I hope ya'll don't mind if I get greedy with posting new topics. I'm always onto the next big discussion~ sometimes it might be interesting to everyone, and sometimes only one or two. I have three years participating in another cons/repub discussion board but honestly am not happy with the bunch of women over there (its within a mother's forum). I'm looking for something new and fresh with real live actual MEN offering their insight too. Razz
Violet Moon
Violet Moon
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Jennifer,

Glad to have you on here. Feel free to post new topics as much as you like, I would like this site to grow and become very active. Facebook is great but I think we can have a chance to be more versatile with this board. I have been a conservative long before I could actually vote, my first vote was for Bush Sr. and I haven't looked back since. I have always held an interest in politics, but in the past couple of years it has steadily grown. I can't wait to see what comes up on the boards here and the discussions that we get. We seem to be growing pretty well, but we need to get the word out to people on Facebook that we know.

elephant

Roll Tide!
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

Back to top Go down

What say you? Empty Does anyone think

Post  Longhornblondie99 Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:40 am

Does anyone think or did anyone think that the Change that people wanted was a reversion to the Clinton administration? I remember the time but don't recall that their policies were why we enjoyed some economic prosperity. Am I wrong?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.printable&pageId=9768
http://economics.about.com/od/foreigntrade/a/clinton_trade.htm
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2008/02/clintons_drive.html
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=3691
http://www.tahoebonanza.com/article/20080525/OPINION/748192977

I know that these are a lot to read, but I suppose if you're really interested, they're worth the time and thought.

Longhornblondie99
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:07 am

To be honest, I don't think people truly cared about what change actually meant. They heard the grand speeches, that Obama wasn't another bush, and that he intended to bring "change" to the nation and the world. They heard all this and they bought it, without really asking any tough question of the man they followed like a cult. Can you blame them, Obama kept his message simple; Change and Hope. That's it..he didn't expand on it, he kept his head down, the media didn't pressure him or demand answers, they pretty much fawned all over him. So his followers did what they do...they follow.

Now that the election is over, I don't hear from the Obama supporters much. They kinda died out on the net, where they would once troll on the boards they are strangely quiet. I'm not shocked that the majority of his administration is made up of Clinton hacks..we all saw it coming. His change should only be taken at face value.

I didn't get a chance to read all the articles, but I do agree with them. The prosperity that we seemed to have during the nineties had little to do with the Clinton administration, which did everything it could to stifle and impose harsh restrictions on a free market, than it did with the free market breaking through barriers placed in front of it. The Clinton's oversaw the largest tax increase on the middle class, on taxes in general. If it wasn't for the Republican controlled congress keeping him in check, who knows what could have happened.

elephant
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

Back to top Go down

What say you? Empty Great idea

Post  randy Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:31 am

I am relatively new to these forums and discussion boards, but I truly like what I see - what a break from all the trash I hear non-stop about BHO and all the wonderful things that are going to happen. Living in the northern 'burbs of Chicago, it getting near unbearable. My wife and I decided to cancel the Chicago Tribune about three days before the election - it was all Obama all the time. It does not appear there enough buildings, highways, schools, etc. that can be named after the chosen one.

It also appears there a great many conservative grassroots type sites springing up - can anyone confirm, or am I just looking in the right places. I decided after the election to get involved for the battles to come in '10 and '12 - I hope to help the conservative movement by educating as many people as I can. Joshua, I think you hit it on the head regarding "change" and "hope" - I have yet to speak with an Obama supporter that can provide a reason why he should be thee next president. It's always the same; "he's got to be better than what we have now", "he will change things", "he will get us out of Iraq", blah, blah, blah.

I do truly believe that if the people I spoke with had given me the opportunity, BHO would have gotten 30-50 less votes. BTW, his background really scares me!!!!

Thanks for putting up the site - I hope to see thousands of members gathering to take our country back!

randy
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:46 am

Hey Randy,

Welcome aboard. I can only imagine what you must be going through being there in Chicago. There are a lot of sites spring up, some sites that were in the background and taking a backseat in the past have decided to step up their game. What we need to do is congregate, network, and inform one another about what is going on in the conservative realm and with BHO and the liberal establishment. I think right now the conservative party, which shouldn't be confused with the republican party, is awakening like a slumbering giant. We need to organize now for the '10 and '12 elections. Hopefully this site will continue to grow and turn into a place where we can effect change in our areas. Please feel free to post topics, videos, or pics on here. I look forward to our continuing discussion about conservatism and our nation.

Thanks,

Joshua
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

Back to top Go down

What say you? Empty Stress the Conservative

Post  randy Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:59 am

Joshua,

Thanks. I was really please to see "I think right now the conservative party, which shouldn't be confused with the republican party" in your reply. I think that "is" the confusion. We (at least me) have been lead down a dark path by our "leaders". I want to work with/for some new blood - the system needs a transfusion.

If I can help, please let me know.

randy
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 am

I couldn't agree with you more, the republican party in the name of progress and cooperation have left what made the party great. They sold their principles out and left their base beliefs. For a long time I associated the republican party with true conservatism, which during the Reagan years they were. However, they have become more "moderate" as they like to call it..which is liberal light in my book. We cannot sell out our principles simply in the name of progress or cooperation, you lose all integrity that way.

Hopefully as this forum grows we will need more people to moderate and keep things moving forward. Right now with just a few people in the mix, watching over things isn't a problem. But I will definitely take you up on your offer.
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet Moon Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:12 am

Hi! It's Jennifer again. I changed my profile name to Violet Moon due to security reasons. Wink
Violet Moon
Violet Moon
Conservative neophyte
Conservative neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:01 am

Don't worry Jennifer....errr...violet moon. Your secret is safe with us. Suspect
Joshua
Joshua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum